Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
Partner Country: FINLAND
University partner: Oulu
Place of study: Russia, Estonia/Finland
The result of the program: Master of Science in Mechatronics (ITMO), Master of Science (TalTech /LUT)
Duration: 2 years, including two semesters in TUT/LUT
Master of Science in Mechatronics (ITMO), Master of Science (TalTech /LUT)
Deadline for submission of documents: 09 August 2021
Entry requirements: Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, preferably in Robotics and Mechatronics, AI, Control and Optimization, Systems Engineering, Computer-Aided Design, Computer Vision, and Signal Processing.
Cost: 251,000 rubles per year for Russian students; 271,000 rubles per year for international students
Career Options: experts in robot-enabled manipulation and manufacturing, autonomous ground, water and air vehicles and smart transportation, wearable, collaborative and medical robotics; medicine, namely: in the fields of surgical robotic technologies, development of various types of exoskeletons and mobile platforms for patients transportation, as well as robot limbs construction; in research institutions and design offices (design and construction of complex technical systems). Therefore, the graduates will be in great demand wherever there are machines and equipment that needs to be properly maintained and duly repaired.
In a world of fast-paced science and technology, one could face difficulties in finding a stable and rewarding career. The only way to keep up with the times and reach professional and financial success is to become an expert in the field which will remain relevant for decades to come.
Mechatronics and Robotics is a powerful industry which will definitely remain significant to the global economy in the many years ahead. So if you want to have a profitable and sustainable carrier, this Program is for you!
- develops understanding of modern trends and challenges in robotics and mechatronics and the ability to solve various industrial and research tasks using a wide range of methods and approaches;
- improves skills in effective use of modern information technologies for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- provides students with wide knowledge in control theory and algorithms, as well as various types of mechanisms, actuators and sensors used for design of robotic and mechatronic systems;
- develops skills in creative and non-standard approaches for the design of the structure, control algorithms and software for various robotic systems;
- improves soft skills including the ability to collaborate with colleagues working on projects in groups and effectively communicate with researchers around the world;
- trains qualified researchers and university teachers who are able to participate in R&D projects, as well as to share their knowledge with students.
After successful completion of the Program, students will:
- have wide knowledge in the field of robotics and mechatronics (robot programming from low (ARM, AVR, FPGA coding) to high (C/C++, Python) level using different development environments (Matlab, ROS, LabView; robot sensors and computer vision for navigation, motion planning, motion capture, and human-robot interfaces etc.)
- be able to use their knowledge and skills for solving various industrial and research tasks requiring a wide range of approaches and methods;
- effectively use information technologies in their professional activities;
- have complete understanding and wide knowledge in control algorithms, software, materials, mechanical parts, sensors and various types of actuators including electric, hydraulic, pneumatic and piezoelectric ones;
- have excellent communicative skills and use them for effective collaboration with colleagues and other researchers in the field.
There are four study tracks in the curriculum. Students are able to choose one of them, depending on their preferences:
*The applicants are required to pass entrance examination successfully. Please be informed that the double-degree option will be available only to the most successful students on a competitive basis.
The list of entrance examination questions
Want to know more? Read an article by ITMO.NEWS and the stories of international students at the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence program to learn more about the major and their experiences:
"I had chosen this field because I wanted to change my career direction
to be more connected to the tendencies of the fourth industrial revolution.
I absolutely recommend it! Russia is a unique and great country with high-quality education.
I see Russia far ahead in the field of information technology."
Vitor Figueiredo, a student of the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence program
"I think ITMO will always be at the top. It is always trying to apply new teaching methods.
The professors are at a high level, and the university gives students
many opportunities to develop themselves."
Farshid Amini, a student of the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence program
How to apply?
To apply, please fill in the application form and follow our step-by-step application guide for more details.
Want to enroll at ITMO without entrance examinations or tuition fees? Learn more about our contests and competitions that will give you this amazing opportunity!